REGISTRATION ENDS OCTOBER 1
Overview: This course utilizes Exemplar Global certified training materials provided by Pillar Management Associates. This is a unique opportunity to earn two certificates at one time in 4.5 days. Attendees may choose to earn a certification in one of the standards in 3 days.
In March 2018 ISO published ISO 45001 OH&S Management Systems to replace OHSAS 18001.
What will you gain?:
- Understand the benefits of both ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 systems
- Learn how to prepare, perform, and lead an audit
- Learn how to evaluate and report audit findings
- Satisfy the training requirements for two certifications in 1 week
DAY 1 (8:00 AM – 4:00 PM)
- Course Overview
- Environmental Management Systems
- Understand the application of environmental management principles
- Understand the application of environmental science and technology
- Understand the application of environmental systems to different operational processes
- Assess the risk of significant environmental aspects and impacts identified in the context of the organization’s EMS management system
- Assess the effectiveness of methodologies to control environmental hazards
- Understand the requirements of ISO 14001:2015
- Operational control & legal compliance
- Assess the EMS roles and responsibilities within the context of the organizational environment
- Determine the adequacy and effectiveness of the EMS
Day 2 (8:00 AM – 4:00 PM)
- Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems
- Understand the application of OH&S management principles in the context of ISO 45001
- Relate the OH&S management system to the organizational products, including services and operational processes
- Understand the application of OH&S management principles
- Evaluations; retesting as necessary
DAY 3 (8:00 AM – 4:00 PM)
- Understand the application of the principles, procedures and techniques of auditing
- The conduct of an effective audit in the context of the auditee’s organizational situation
- Personal attributes necessary for the effective and efficient conduct of a management system audit
DAY 4 (8:00 AM – 4:00 PM)
- Mock Audit
- Lead Auditing
- Establish, plan and task the activities of an audit team
- Communicate effectively with the auditee and audit client
- Organize and direct audit team members
- Prevent and resolve conflict with the auditee and/or within the audit team
DAY 5 (tbd: MAXIMUM 8:00 am – 12:00 pm)
- Evaluations; re-testing as necessary. Note: there is no final exam. Competencies are tested throughout the course.
Dates and Locations:
Louisville – October 7 through October 11 @Home2 Suites, 240 S Hancock Street, Louisville, KY 40202
Event room rates are available after registration.
Deliverable: Handouts and attendees successfully completing the examinations provided in conjunction with this course receive a Certificate of Attainment for these Exemplar Global knowledge competency units:
- EM – Environmental Management Systems; and/or
- OH – Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems
Cost: $1,950 for dual certification and $1,500 for single certification
Early Bird Pricing of $1,750 for dual certification and $1,300 for single certification available until August 30, 2019 for Louisville.
Louisville, KY, October 7 – 11, 2019, Register Here
Contact: Tony DeMarco | email@example.com | 574-213-3873
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR:
Elizabeth J. Hill is a Senior Project Manager at BCA Environmental Consultants. Since joining the firm in March of 2003 Beth has been involved in a wide range of project work. The primary focus has been managing the ISO 14001 program at a highly complex facility since 2006 and the Safety Management System at the same facility since 2011. The daily management of both systems including ongoing continual improvement exercise, management of internal audit teams, developing audit scopes, tracking corrective action records, management of objectives, conducting management review, identifying significant environmental aspects, hazard identification and reviewing and updating compliance obligations and procedures. Program management has also included implantation of OSHAS 18001 as well as transitioning ISO 14001 from 2004 to 2015 version of the standard. Beth has also provided primary support for facilities during their annual ISO 14001 3rd party audits since 2007 and for 6-month OHSAS 18001 cycle audits since 2011. These 3rd party audits have included transition, initial certification, surveillance, recertification and upgrade audits. Ms. Hill has, also conducted internal audits for OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 for a variety of clients totally over 1000 audit hours.
In addition to extensive Management System work she has been involved with compliance activities. These projects have included emission inventories, compliance certifications and emissions recordkeeping and reporting. Miss Hill has also prepared Emergency Planning Community Right to Know Act (EPCRA) Section 313 Form R and Tier II Reports. Miss Hill has experience with a broad range of manufacturing operations including surface coatings, RV and mobile homes, pianos, diesel engines, fiberglass, meat rendering, biodiesel, automotive, steel mills, coke and coal handling facilities and foundries. She has facilitated air permit activities including modifications, renewals, amendments, Plantwide Applicability Limits (PAL), Maximum Achievable Control Technology (MACT) and Best Available Control Technology (BACT) analysis. Miss Hill has also done extensive work with GAP analysis for a variety of National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP), NESHAP implementation, compliance programs and required reporting and recordkeeping.
In addition to practical experience Beth has also taught in the following training courses: ISO 14001:2015 Certified Lead Auditor, ISO 9001:2015 Certified Lead Auditor, ISO 45001:2018 Certified Lead Audits, ISO 14001:2015 Transition Training Course, and participated in the following training courses: ISO 14001:2007 40-hour Lead Auditor Training, Understanding and Implementing OHSAS 18001 16-hour Training, OHSAS 18001 40-hour Lead Auditor Training, Elkhart Chamber of Commerce Environmental Health and Safety Conference, Indiana Chamber Practical Compliance with EPA Regulations and 10-hour OSHA
Miss Hill graduated with degrees in Environmental Administration and Political Science from the University of Evansville in Evansville, Indiana.