You may register via Eventbrite below, or contact us to pay via PO, Check or Credit Card direct to BCA Environmental Consultants, LLC.
What makes our training different?
A Value added experience is what we strive to achieve with every training we provide. This is of course an auditing class, so attendees will learn auditing principles for ISO 14001 and 45001, but what makes our course different is we make the class for the EHS professionals managing the programs at the manufacturing or commercial facility. Throughout the course we will discuss best practices on not only how to audit each component of the Standard, but also how to implement, manage and improve each component of your program. With our extensive experience with a wide range of industries we have come across many ways to do things and we want to help you find the best way for you. The outcome we want to achieve with each class is for you to walk away with a few new ideas, feeling refreshed and rejuvenated to implement new programs or make tweaks to existing ones that will make you more efficient and effective.
What are EHS Management Systems?
They are a way to keep you organized and on schedule with the requirements of your organization, government, customers and other stakeholders by identifying repeatable steps to control processes within departments and the organization as a whole. Processes need to be controlled from the manufacturing floor to Leadership to ensure everyone is working as a cohesive unit. But, it is not an easy task to control those various groups of people together and establish communication channels between them, which is why Management Systems were developed and are being voluntarily implemented at a more rapid pace in the last five years than the previous twenty. Management Systems help an organization maintain history as well to learn from past mistakes and successes to use as guides for implementing preventive action measures. Every step in improving your management system should be rooted in self-evaluation, corrective and preventive action, and heightened employee awareness to help you reach your goals and create the desired company culture.
What will you gain?
- Understand the benefits of both ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 systems, including integration
- Hear, discuss and exchange best practices with attendees and instructor in a constructive environment
- Learn how to implement a management systema and audit program
- Learn how to prepare, perform, and lead an audit
- Learn how to evaluate and report audit findings
- Satisfy the training requirements for two certifications in 1 week
DAY 1 (8:00 AM – 4:00 PM)
- Course Overview
- Environmental Management Systems
- Understand the application of environmental management principles
- Understand the application of environmental science and technology
- Understand the application of environmental systems to different operational processes
- Assess the risk of significant environmental aspects and impacts identified in the context of the organization’s EMS management system
- Assess the effectiveness of methodologies to control environmental hazards
- Understand the requirements of ISO 14001:2015
- Operational control & legal compliance
- Assess the EMS roles and responsibilities within the context of the organizational environment
- Determine the adequacy and effectiveness of the EMS
Day 2 (8:00 AM – 4:00 PM)
- Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems
- Understand the application of OH&S management principles in the context of ISO 45001
- Relate the OH&S management system to the organizational products, including services and operational processes
- Understand the application of OH&S management principles
- Evaluations; retesting as necessary
DAY 3 (8:00 AM – 4:00 PM)
- Understand the application of the principles, procedures and techniques of auditing
- The conduct of an effective audit in the context of the auditee’s organizational situation
- Personal attributes necessary for the effective and efficient conduct of a management system audit
- Mock Audit
- Lead Auditing
- Establish, plan and task the activities of an audit team
- Communicate effectively with the auditee and audit client
- Organize and direct audit team members
- Prevent and resolve conflict with the auditee and/or within the audit team
DAY 4 (tbd: MAXIMUM 8:00 am – 12:00 pm)
- Evaluations; re-testing as necessary. Note: there is no final exam. Competencies are tested throughout the course.
Deliverable and Cost
Handouts and attendees successfully completing the examinations provided in conjunction with this course receive a Certificate of Attainment for these Exemplar Global knowledge competency units:
- EM – Environmental Management Systems; and/or
- OH – Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems
Cost: $2,450 for dual certification and $1,950 for single certification (2,150 and 1,750 for December Virtual)
Contact: Tony DeMarco | email@example.com | 574-213-3873
About the Instructor
Tony DeMarco has served as Vice President of Consulting Services of BCA Consultants since 2016 and prior to that was a Project Manager at BCA since 2010. During his time at BCA, Tony has been involved with a wide range of environmental, health, safety and energy related work. As it relates to ISO Management Systems, Mr. DeMarco provides routine internal auditing services including weekly ISO 14001 and 45001 internal audits at an integrated steel mill employing over 4,000 people at a single facility. In addition to auditing, he has managed management system implementations and manages ISO programs for clients on a routine monthly basis. Mr. DeMarco’s experiences includes a range of industry types as well including steel, aluminum, pharmaceutical, chemical production, automotive supplier and OEM, and plastics. This allows Mr. DeMarco to understand the full breadth of a Management System life cycle and can translate best practices across industry types.
Tony’s background is rooted in EHS compliance; therefore, understands how to roll compliance activities into system processes for commercial and manufacturing facilities. His experience includes new source and modification permitting for Title V, NPDES, Industrial Wastewater, Solid Waste Processing, RCRA and a number of other environmental related permits. Reporting projects include emissions reporting, GHG, Tier II, Form R, RCRA Hazardous Waste Manifest, TSCA, and NESHAP. Mr. DeMarco is also heavily involved with contingency plans such as SPCC, SWPPP, Emergency Action Plans, and RCRA Contingency Plans, including Plan development, implementation and on-going compliance training related to those topics. Other safety programs that he has assisted clients with includes HazComm, LOTO, Hot Work, Confined Space, Harnesses, Fork Lift and gas hazards.
Mr. DeMarco has been providing Lead Auditor training since 2018 and includes ISO 14001, 45001 and 9001. Since 2015, Tony has been providing internal auditor trainings and continues to provide internal auditor trainings to clients for ISO 1400, 45001, 9001 and 50001. Training is an important piece of the services we provide and Mr. DeMarco takes pride in bringing experiences to the classroom from an extensive background in EHS compliance and Management Systems to provide a truly valuable experience and product to attendees of all of our courses.
On site training is available if you prefer to set up a training at your own facility. Inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org