Proposed Rule: Hazardous Waste Generator Improvements
The EPA began modifying their Hazardous Waste Generator regulations for the first time in 10 years in August 2015. Below are some of the changes in the current draft.
Provisions for Flexibility Include:
- CESQs can send waste to LQGs under same control
- An eipisodic generation exclusion to avoid reclassification; &
- New conditions for satellite accumulation containers.
New Requirements for:
- Documenting hazardous waste determinations; &
- Documenting contingency plans and biennial reports.
For more visit the EPA’s website.